Tuesday 4 March 2014

Whip Crack AWAY!






Last week was the week of our school musical, Calamity Jane, and as Calamity, it was one of the best weeks of my life. It was such a fantastic experience.

Monday evening was the first rehearsal in the GAA and we tested the mics and stuff which made me so excited because it hit me then how the musical was the next day and I started to get really excited to show off our hard work.


On Tuesday we rehearsed all day at the GAA which went well. By the time showtime came around that evening, everyone was excited, nervous, and anxious but there was a great buzz around the place. After going home for over an hour i went back to get my hair and makeup done by Ms. L (who did a fabulous job) and to get my mic on. I had a few friends  and family members there so I was a bit nervous but as soon as I stepped out onto the stage the nerves went away and I started to enjoy myself. There were a few 'saves' that we made but no major mistakes which was fantastic for an opening night. There were some lovely pictures taken on the night by Lola




Wednesday went really well also, although there was a bit of anxiety towards this show as we now had a standard to uphold and wanted to keep the good streak going. It went well again and although there were a few blunders in the first act, the second act was spectacular and we finished on a high.

The Thursday show was fantastic and we really enjoyed ourselves. Everyone did brilliantly and I was so excited after it I could hardly sleep and then Friday went even better.

I have enjoyed this whole experience thoroughly and feel I have gained from it confidence wise and also I met some really great people that I hope to stay in touch with. All the songs in it are so beautiful and are constantly in my head (ill have everyone driven mad from singing them). I hope everyone who went enjoyed it and thanks so much for coming and supporting us. Well done to everyone involved, either on stage or backstage or in the orchestra and all the teachers and prefects who helped out along the way too.

That's all for now,

Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment