Wednesday 11 December 2013

3... 2... 1.. Launch!

Friday night was the launch of the school musical and to say I was a bit nervous beforehand would be an understatement. The whole cast was at the hotel, so things were a bit hectic with performers and stage managers buzzing around. The choir kicked off the night with a few lovely carols, unfortunately I couldn't take part as I was preparing for performance but they set off the night really well :) also some fifth years did a really cool medley of Christmas songs.

Source
Ms L was the M.C. for the night and introduced everybody and told everyone what the musical was about, then I sang Secret Love, which the ballet dancers did a beautiful dance to. Once I got started the nerves went away. Róisín ( Katie) and I sang 'A Woman's Touch' and then everybody joined in for The Deadwood stage and everyone performed really well. I really enjoyed the night and now I can't wait for the real thing! Well done to everyone involved. Hopefully the show will be just as successful. I'm so excited for it! I hope to see you all at the opening night on the 25th of February :)

Thanks guys,

Lauren :)

No comments:

Post a Comment